Top 10 Beach Town Housing Markets
May 30, 2014 – What’s the best housing market for the beach-life? Hobe Sound, Fla., according to a new report by RealtyTrac, which tracked the top beach town housing markets based on home values for single-family homes and condos, weather, air quality, and crime rates.
“Buying near the beach is one of the best ways to ensure a property will appreciate in value,” said Daren Blomquist, vice president at RealtyTrac. “Whether buying for retirement, a vacation home or a primary residence, homes located in quality beach towns benefit from virtually unlimited demand and a finite supply of land to build on.”
Hawaii boasts 11 of the top 20 beach town housing markets, the most of any other state, that made RealtyTrac’s rankings. The top 20 beach-town markets all had median home values below $1 million.
RealtyTrac identified the following top 10 beach-town housing markets:
- Hobe Sound, Fla.: It ranked No. 1 on the list due to its low median estimated market value of homes and condos at $191,189, according to RealtyTrac.
- Naples, Fla.
- Waianae, Hawaii (located on the island of Oahu)
- Wailuku, Hawaii (located on the island of Maui)
- Marco Island, Fla.
- Los Osos, Calif. (located in San Louis Obispo County)
- Kahului, Hawaii (located on the island of Maui)
- Ewa Beach, Hawaii (located on the island of Oahu)
- Kihei, Hawaii (located on the island of Maui)
- Waipahu, Hawaii (located on the island of Oahu)